Saturday, December 02, 2006

What I wish I'd known...

Imagine my delight when reading People, I discover Nora Ephron's words (or pearls) of Wisdom. You just know she's going to have some good ones for this week's challenge. I mean, come on she wrote When Harry Met Sally and directed Sleepless in Seattle. This woman gets it, right? Here are some of my favorites (for the entire article, check out the People extra, 12.6.06, pg 23. Locals, you may borrow my copy).

  • People have only one way to be
  • Buy, don't rent
  • You can't be friends with people who call after 11pm
  • You never know
  • Anything you think is wrong with your body at the age of 35 you will be nostalgic for at 45 (I'm not at 45 yet, but I oh so get this one already!)
  • Write everything down
  • Take more pictures
  • There's no point in making pie crust from scratch
  • The reason you're waking up in the middle of the night is the second glass of wine
  • Back up your files
  • Never Let them know
  • There are no secrets

No comments: