Saturday, December 09, 2006

Spinsters and Tiddlywinks

Earlier in the week, I bought the movie "How to eat fried worms". It looked like a Thing-worthy movie AND it had a coupon for a free ticket to Lego Land (Yahoo: we'll be there in a month!). Last night we watched it together as a family. Reviews were mixed: Hubby thought it was stupid (he's so not in touch with his inner school aged boy). I thought it was OK (not worth buying but again, that whole me and the coupons comes into action, I couldn't resist) and the boys...well, we've had 2 more showing since last night so I'd have to say it is a double thumbs up from them.

Just now Thing Two was giggling about two new words he learned from the movie: "hey mom, I'm sitting on my spinster". Oh really...OK, you have obviously misunderstood the word but I really don't feel like correcting you.

And then there was the new code word for boy parts. They heard tiddlywink. I can so live with that.

But, I'm sure if the fascination with this movie continues, they will learn the correct pronunciation for both words and the joke will no longer be quite as funny. So for now, I'm sitting here, sipping my coffee and chuckling to myself.

*update on to do list: local Christmas cards are further along the path to completion. Christmas shopping also saw a little action yesterday. But the sun is out and the Things need some fresh air so I've put the chores on hold in favor of supervising them in the front yard.

1 comment:

tz said...

and see i'm crossing things off my list..not because they're completed but because i'm just changing my mind...haha, you go! the boys too loved the movie, jason and i chuckled once in awhile. i was warmed when the two boys in the movie were fighting and i asked my two boys, do you 'hate' your brother, they both said 'no' we love each other....whew!
and hey if the kids continue to watch it and you get residual chuckles out of it AND a coupon, money well spent!