Friday, December 15, 2006

Ah, we made it to the finish line...





Track off week is always busy. Toss in Holiday madness. Add in my part time gig that often leaves me feeling, well, suffice to say changes will certainly be a continuing theme for me in 2007! This week seemed like one huge never ending to do list.

Yet the good news is that we made it! Without totally losing it. Without freaking out over some little detail that really doesn't matter ( I admit I came close last night but a session of TiVo watching with Hubby helped me regroup and refocus and turn off my inner-alpha mom). Without Thing Two being expelled for inappropriate dress. Basically it was a week without major stress despite the hectic pace. OK, perhaps the only thing missing was Johnny's brother showing up in his cute little shorts. But, oh well...maybe next time?


And, I even made the grouchy crossing guard laugh! She's a stickler for rules and so I said to my quartet of merry men, "If any of you jay walk (her pet peeve), you'll have to sit out for the first 5 minutes of Happy Hour!". She just laughed and laughed, and now I realize it was a pretty not so Martha comment to shout out with all sorts of listening moms. What's up with that Mom? (and maybe they were wondering how they score an invite, well ladies, my dance card is full!)

Now, lets see how long I last before I'm begging to send them back to school. Anyone care to wager a bet?

1 comment:

tz said...

and fun was had by all....so glad i could count on you to update and i could procastinate cookies another few minutes! since i don't have the great excuse of getting a new puppy like some of your other guests....and can't bail out of the cookie exchange tomorrow