Friday, December 01, 2006

Glisten and Glide!



Although I'm tired of the cold and wishing it would warm up, I have found a positive spin on this cold snap. You see, usually our snow comes and goes so fast you might be lucky to get one or two days of sledding out of a storm before you are seeing bare grass. That Rocky Mountain sunshine just melts it all away. You must always be prepared to act quickly when it comes to playing in the snow.

But, that is not the case with this most recent storm. Today marked the third day in a row that the Things sledded after school. And I have officially been crowned cool mom for suffering through that cold 3 afternoons in a row while the boys frolicked and played in this winter wonderland. But, it was worth ever frozen digit to see them both laughing and enjoying the simple act of playing in the snow!

2 comments:

tz said...

you are a cool mom...i told my boys this wasn't good sledding snow and they didn't question my vast snow knowledge...

Colleen O said...

I just assumed it was bear grass by now! Usually it's almost worn off the same day. You do have lucky lucky boyz!