Saturday, June 05, 2021

Summer of Fun- Week 1

 SAW-HEARD-DID

In keeping with my past summer attempts to blog more frequently- let's dust off my Saw-Heard-Did weekly blog prompt.


5.29-6.4

SAW:   I saw first hand how quickly time flies-and how easy it is for me to lose sense of time and place.   To Do Lists and calendar alerts kept me from forgetting a couple important tasks (Hello-it's June- I think it's safe to swap out the snow tires)

HEARD:   I hear ya HOA- I admit the landscaping was looking a little rough there.   In my defense, it had been a soggy couple of weeks in early May and when things finally started to dry out- I decided to run away from home for a couple weekends in a row.   So- it really should not have been a surprise that we got a warning letter from our HOA- reminding us of our promise to keep things "neat and tidy".   Do they not know my family nickname is Messy Martha?

Anyways- while we were at it- we decided to remove the half dead-grossly misshapen tree.   I don't know if that was part of their concerns- but it sure did draw one's eye towards our home- and not necessarily in a good way.   

So now things are truly neat and tidy-just in time for us to hit the road!

DID:   As hubby and I head out tomorrow for what we are calling our "Eastward Ho" experience- I used this first (and likely my only totally "free" weekend)  to catch up with a few friends.   From brunch, to coffee dates to dinner-and-drinks, it was awesome to catch up in real time with friends- without masks.

In addition to the socializing and a bit of lawn care, I also found myself cleaning out some clutter in the "Hen Den" (formerly known as my craft shack- although little actual crafting occurs these days).   The files were purged, some of the sticker stash was thinned and I feel like I am leaving this space in a place of order for me to return to later in July.  

  The kitchen fridge and cabinets also got some detailed attention.  As for the rest of the house- why bother- Thing 1 and Thing 2 will both be home this summer- working, sleeping, taking a couple college courses (Thing 2- who is resuming her studies towards an RN degree).  

Until next time...

*Disclaimer- unless you've nicknamed your offspring "Things"...
they have and will continue to fill our lives with great joy-
and yes- the occasional frustration too I suppose.


No comments: