Saturday, June 19, 2021

Summer of Fun- Week 3

 SAW-HEARD-DID

I saw- how time flies when we are out having fun!   It's hard to believe we are closing in on the end of our 2nd week on the road- and yes folks, still laughing and talking to each other.  

 Ok- as much talking as my Mr. is usually up for...but you get the idea.   
Things are going really well- 

One of the highlight's of this week was catching  up with Hubby's college buddy (Andy) and his wife Rhonda.   

They'd been following our travels via Dom's blog and my FB updates- when Andy reached out to us  on Monday- wondering if we'd be up for an impromptu meet-up along the way.   Sounds like fun!    

The plan was rather simple- they'd drive up from Dallas and we'd take off together to check out the town of Pawhuska, OK- home to Ree Drummond of Pioneer Woman fame.
*somehow this made me not feel so guilty about serving dish stash

A little side funny- when I first mentioned to Dom wanting to go to Pawhuska to visit the lodge, somehow he thought I was suggesting we stop in unannounced at a  friend of mine- and he asked "are you sure your friend won't mind us dropping by?"  We all got quite the giggle out of visiting with "my friend" at her very lovely ranch.  I mean- I've borrowed enough of her recipes over the years- I think we've reached friend status, don't ya suppose?   

We had a wonderful day catching up and playing tourist together.   We'd hoped to do some more sight-seeing on Wednesday but unfortunately- one has to be able to see- to sight-see.   

Still not sure on the exact sequence of what went wrong-but by Wednesday morning-my eyes were burning, with severe light sensitivity.   After a trip to urgent care (like my sister texted me "You know it's bad when YOU agree to go to a Doc-n-the-box"), followed by an eye consult the next day the verdict was severe dry eyes with a localized allergic reaction to the over-the-counter eye drops I foolishly thought to use to relieve some minor symptoms I had after a day on dusty country roads.   Should have stuck to just cold compresses and eye rinses.  

Happy to report- all is better- and just grateful a solution was found quickly (steroid shot) and we were in an area where I could easily access health care.   

Back to vacation fun we go.

I heard a very talented docent provide an interpretative talk to a group of school aged kids at the Will Rogers memorial museum.   Maybe it's the kid in me- but I feel that often  I absorb more information if it's presented at about a 3rd graders level.   Just kidding- but the presentation was really thoughtful and helped bring old Will and his wisdom into the light of a modern day world.  

I saw 


A chance to travel back to a childhood favorite author

Where Laura's little sister Carrie was born and Pa dug the well

Coffee and camping go hand-n-hand

As do Mimosas..

The gallows could hold 12-
but the most they ever hung at once was 6
*is that considered a 6-pack?  Don't mind me and my gallows humor...

Sunsets in Oklahoma-are indeed A-OK!

Until next time...

Hoping you can find a shady spot and take a little snooze...



No comments: