Tuesday, September 03, 2024

 RIGHT NOW-

I'm listening to the buzz of the washer and dryer.   I just got home from a quick adventure to the Midwest and hope to turn around tomorrow and join Hubby for some camping.   I figured in between the loads- I'd pause and reflect on the month that seemed to just fly by in the blink of an eye!

I'm loving that the tension in the House of Chang is significantly less than it was when we started

Thank heavens for Owen- the calmer of nerves...
The plan was for Thing 2 to have some elective surgery towards the end of the month.   It's worth noting- that none of us are great at just waiting- oh no, we wait and worry, we wait and get anxious, we wait and get irritable. 
Suffice to say- it was a tense start to the month!
Naps- are indeed self care!
As we were driving to the hospital at  0500 in the morning- we received word that the hospital was canceling all planned procedures and surgeries due to a mechanical issue that was system wide.   UH OH- given the high emotions running through us both- I thought for sure we'd have a major meltdown right there on Colfax Blvd (me-not her!).

When to my great surprise- she was calm and at peace- going on to say that she really wasn't sure she wanted to reschedule- the risks and worries were outweighing the benefits.  

And just like that- there was peace in the House of Chang once again!
So-besides worry- what else happened this month?
There was bonding over some maintenance issues- 
as Hubby and Thing 2 put the topper back on the truck...
after nearly 4 years of her being "topless"- it is odd to see the truck now with a cover!

I found another rusty burro...
This fella was guarding the public outhouse in Leadville..
when MB, SG and I took a little day drive up to visit with a friend
visiting from Texas...

We found ourselves asking "Where's the Beef?"
After the internist explained that some dietary changes were in order for Hubby

It's a good thing I had already started to put some changes 
into place!

There was a week-day road trip with my fav retiree...
Mt. Blue Sky will be closed for repairs- projected to last
nearly 18 months- so we decided to head for the hills..
Where this majestic fella reminded me...
when life gets rocky...hang on..
photo courtesy of Dom

And as the month came to a close...
I headed home...
for a 4 day binge of all things Midwest..
selfies at River Falls
Spotted Cow on tap
Friday Night Fish Fry at the supper club..
Happy Hour at the Legion...
gawked at the Amish neighbors
who were putting a lid on their silo 
(where's a drone when you need one?!)
 we chatted with the locals
and sampled the treats of our Norwegian ancestors.
We celebrated the blushing bride of 65 years..
*not sure why we didn't get a photo of the couple together..
But he was there too..
I found a lake with my name on it..
We made sure that our Laura
got to visit "the other Laura's" museum in Pepin, WI
and we even foolishly tried to  visit "the Mall"..
where it was more than clear- at least here- Brick and Mortar is alive and well!

I'm feeling grateful

that despite a bumpy start to the month...
In the end, we found plenty of things to bring a smile to our face...

Until next time...
Say Yes
to a chance to make new memories..
with the one that's known you the longest!

No comments: