Monday, February 07, 2022

Right Now- January Recap

 RIGHT NOW...

I'm listening  to a couple podcasts on clutter, motivation and organization.   I recently returned from a little "pick me up" visit to check on my dad...and it reminded me of the importance of having an organized home.   I highly doubt Dad went to sleep that Tuesday- planning to leave his house via a stretcher Wednesday morning.   Would someone coming into my home be able to easily find what I needed him/her to locate?   Not in its' current state that's for sure....so Hello 2022- it's time I get my affairs back on track.

I'm loving that the coven was finally able to gather for what was supposed to have been a bridal shower for A & I until COVID resulted in scheduling snafus.   

How many newlyweds can say that a Drag Queen serenaded them at their shower?
Or that for a bunch of carnivores- these vegan cookies "weren't that bad"
*ordered by accident, but beautiful just the same
Yummy apps to go with the Stock the Bar Theme
In other loving' it news....While stalking Instagram, I was thrilled to find this picture of Thing 2's first day of Nursing School.   
Who cares that it's a promo pic for the school- that's my baby girl sitting in the corner (and this is her proud mama recording it on the blog!)  

And course, this Handsome Thing was ever so helpful when I stopped by Sams one day last week...

I'm feeling that Yep, all in all, January was a good month for the Chang Gang-   
 Unfortunately, the good luck did not seem to cover the extended family.   4 years ago my dad received his new heart valve- and now he is sitting in rehab, working on gaining back some strength that he lost after a recent medication complication.   We are hopeful that he works through this set back as hard as he did when he had open heart surgery.  

While my trip was unexpected, I will say I walked away with some truly unexpected gifts.  
An authentic Friday Night Fish Fry- YUM...
 I was able to connect with a cousin that I hadn't seen in many years, and my sister and I spent 3 nights- staying up way past our bedtimes- exchanging stories, reassuring and supporting each other as only true siblings can.  
OK - this is NOT sis and I...
but rather my dad and his big brother...the sibling bond is indeed something truly to be grateful for.

Until Next time...

"Keep Looking Up that's the secret of life"...Snoopy 






No comments: