Monday, October 04, 2021

Right Now-September Recap

 RIGHT NOW...

I'm listening to- nothing special.   Seriously- how can that be?     I have nothing queued up in my audiobooks or podcasts.   Must fix that ASAP- my 20 minute commute isn't long-and some mornings I am greeted by this type of beauty as I pull into the lot at work.  However, I find that a good audiobook helps me start the day out right.   As someone just shared "start your day the way you want it to end"...and of course, in the company of a good book is the perfect way to end my day.    Any suggestions for good audiobooks are greatly appreciated.  

I'm loving

the arrival of all things pumpkin...
well, not all things, but at least pumpkin flavored coffee
an addition to my collection- 
the sweet little Hummel is from my aunt's collection...
joining the trio of angels that had once belonged to my maternal grandma.
Just the sight of these figurines take me back to my childhood-
Construction Crews that had been hard at work since an August rock slide 
made I70 a challenge to traverse through Glenwood Canyon.
As a result, our trip to Palisades could go on as planned..
with only about 30-40 minutes extra added to the drive. 
Not bad considering the delays were initially slated to be an extra 2-3 hrs!
A Milestone birthday that called for a special location...
Palisades Colorado- where life tastes good all year long..
We toured 5 different vineyards...
sampling products along the way...
we stayed at a charming B&B (Dancing Moon in Clifton, CO)
with the pool still open..
and the views spectacular...
it was as if the place was custom designed just for us!
I'm feeling better.    I'm just now pulling out of an RA flare that seemed to crop up after my weekend away.  Not sure what set it off- too much good eating and drinking, too much windshield time, or just the random cyclic presentation of my chronic disease.   But this one was a rough one- it took all my energy to make it through work, only to totally collapse when I got home.
Owen channeling how I felt...   
Naps on the weekend have been my saving grace..
But with a new month- comes a new attitude (or is that cattitude) to be a little more curious!


Until next time....






















No comments: