Sunday, May 07, 2023

Right Now- April 2023 Recap

 RIGHT NOW RECAP

I'm listening to another audiobook- no surprise there, right?   This one is called Miracle Creek- and it was suggested to me by a couple co-workers if just for the relatable disability themes that are a part of the plot line.   The book opens with a tragedy at a hyperbaric chamber where families have brought their children (with everything from autism to severe brain injuries) for experimental treatment.   The book then jumps forward to the courtroom stage-where one of the moms is being accused of starting the fire that resulted in tragic deaths and life altering injuries.  Overall- it's ok...I think it's more a case of me vs. the book itself.   My thoughts are scattered, springing forth with grand ideas while coupled with a sense of "maybe tomorrow"- making it hard to settle into the rhythm of this audio book.   Anyways, at this point, I'd put it down as a "M'eh, maybe" read (or listen).

I'm loving that my friends heard my call when I shared that I needed an ASAP Therapeutic Happy Hour.   

While my blog is not the right place to share the details- suffice to say that 57 is not too old to still be called to the Principal's office in an effort to guilt me into changing my thoughts on a matter that I see as being discriminatory in nature.   
As always, the BAGS came through and cheered me up with laughter and liquor.  
Of course, I paid the price the next day (Easter Sunday) but found humor in noting that "While Christ has risen, I rolled that stone back over my tomb of a bed and said not today".    

I'm loving that through the years, I've taken the time to take the pictures- in an effort of remembering the moment.   While I was coming out of my vodka haze, my youngest called me late afternoon on Easter.   A mommy friend, Ms. Judie had passed away unexpectedly over the weekend.    

Judie and I first met when our kids were in school...and we were both enjoying the stay-at-home mom status.   
First we started to visit on the hillside, and then another mom friend suggested we move to a local coffee shop...and hence the Coffee Club was started.   
Both Judies have earned their angel wings..
giving added joy to the fact that Thing 2 has chosen Judith as her middle name
Sadly- Judie and I had drifted apart as our kids got older- it happens as people change jobs, our social paths no longer crossed with the kids being older and off on their own path..but I will always treasure the friendship we enjoyed during that season in our life.
While at times timid and reserved around us more extroverted types, Judie had a kind heart, a gentle soul and will be missed by many to include her son and daughter and the numerous special needs kids she worked with as a para-educator.
Rest easy my friend...
thank you for your sweet gift of friendship to me and my Things!
I'm loving that this crazy cat- is healthy once again.   He decided to give us all a little bit of panic when he stopped eating for several days.   
Was he picking up on family sadness and change?   Who knows- but I wasn't going to risk being wrong so we took him off to the vet
He's actually yawning...
but mid yawn looks like "HaHa-joke's on you-fooled ya!"
Another friend from work is retiring.    As a treat for both of us- we got together with 2 other co-workers and went to play BINGO.   Ok, not regular church-hall type bingo- but drag queen bingo. 
Note to self- April 19th-is considered 4.20 eve here in the stoner state...
a night apparently dedicated to its own unique style of celebrating? 
 Lots of fun, loads of laughter, 
and a reminder that friendships formed through work can indeed be some of the best!
I'm feeling confident
That this April shower brings the promise of May flowers...because I tell ya what- we are all ready to be done with winter and all her worries!

Until next time...
Inhale charcuterie...exhale negativity!










No comments: