Friday, March 21, 2008

Deep Thoughts

Thing One: "I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about thinking"
Mom: "Hmm, what now, were you thinking about something specific"
Thing One: "nope just thinking about what to think about"

Ah...to be 10 and so carefree in your thoughts...nothing specific on your mind, just general pondering.

As for me, I've had a long week, and have spent a lot of time thinking...and a decision was finally reached...I gave notice for my part time gig. And right now, I'm sort of numb. I realize this will be the first time since both Things went to school that I've not had some sort of regular commitment to obligations outside the home (either through my part time job or a regular volunteer assignment).

Maybe now I too can find myself with time and inclination to think about thinking....

4 comments:

tz said...

Congratulations! Woo hoo.....

Vern said...

Thinking is only what I do when it's required. Otherwise I prefer flipping to AMC to see what movie is on.

Lee said...

Good for you. Thinking about thinking is fun! It's the thinking then doing that'll wear you out ;)

agent713 said...

Congrats!