Monday, August 13, 2007

Somebody



Finally, it seems like somebody has been doing something worth blogging about. While not the most exciting of updates, here's the weekend recap




  • Friday night, after the horrific hail passed through, the weather cooled off and we enjoyed a lovely evening with friends and neighbors. The highlight for the Things was when Mr. Mike (next door neighbor) pulled out his projector and hooked up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for a night time showing on the back of his house. It was like a drive in, only no driving required. And us grownups could drink without having to worry about driving. Thanks Mr. Mike (not that he reads the blog, but still, it was very neighborly thing to include our boys in his family's Friday fun).


  • Saturday morning, Hubby discovered that maybe our thumbs aren't brown after all. Our grape vines have grapes. Lots and lots of grapes. Not very tasty but it was still exciting to watch Thing Two go out and harvest those very sour grapes.


  • Saturday evening, I was reminded yet again what late bloomers my sister and I really are. I got an email from my aunt telling us that a new baby had been born. As the youngest of the Granum grandchildren, well, I was surprised I hadn't heard that any of us were expecting, much less to now find out the baby had been born? That's pretty big news, don't you think? Um, back up, it wasn't one of my cousins having a baby. Nope, it was my cousin Steve's son (Laura, do you know which one?)who promoted his dad to Grandpa and raised my aunt's total to 4 great grandchildren. Meanwhile, my poor dad just lingers at 3 grandchildren, and luckily is no where close to receiving the official title of Great attached to his name. (although we all think he is a pretty great grandpa without an official title)

  • Sunday: Hubby and I went on a date. We saw the latest of the Bourne movies. It was an OK movie. I think I preferred the earlier Bourne movies just for the depth of the story. This one seemed a bit predictable and the heavy action scenes got old after awhile. But all in all, it was a good time spent away from the Things
And here we are, back to Monday. Chores to do. Bills to pay. Errands to run. I should quit blogging and get to those. Oh but wait, I've got a book I'd rather read: A Thousand Splendid Suns. Stay tuned for a review later in the week...at the rate I'm reading it, I'll be finished in no time.
An update: while finishing up this entry, and as I was heading out the door to work this afternoon, the phone rings and it is the school. Thing One is feeling poorly. Within minutes of tossing him in bed, he was sound asleep. I'm thinking I'd better go hang up the quarantine sign! I hear bad bugs are floating around out there!

2 comments:

tz said...

That hail storm was pretty spectacular...however it did delay our plane by half an hour.
sounds like a fantastic weekend and hope thing one if feeling better and thing two doesn't catch it!

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to hear what you think of A Thousand Splendid Suns. I've read the Kite Runner and loved it. I'll be checking for your review!
Ganelle
PS love the blog!