Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Are we there yet?

I interrupt this regularly posting blog to whine...

Can you believe there are 4 plus weeks of school still left in the year?
I'm done, as are the Things. We're ready for some summer fun, letting go of the routine that comes with school days. I'm tired of asking "what do you want for breakfast?" immediately followed by the "who wants school lunch". I'd rather just savor that morning cup of joe and let the day unfold at a more leisurely pace. I'm tired of making sure that backpacks are where they should be, socks are on, and teeth brushed. I'm just plain tired of it all.

See, some things you just never outgrow...the need to holler "are we there yet?"

Now, back to Mommy mode "Oh shut up and eat your breakfast, you are going to be late!"

2 comments:

tz said...

oh my gosh i can't wait, it's made worse by the pool opening just three weeks before school ends...poor guys, it's really too much!

Colleen O said...

True, true and true again! And, this 4 track thing is a bunch of Hooey, I want a nice l-o-n-g summer. Summer break is almost as short as the time until summer break is long! EEK - That's just awful. Oh, I'm sorry I even said that!