Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Secret ingredient

The Things love to snuggle and cuddle with me on the couch. It always makes me happy when they call out "Mom, can you come sit with us on the couch". Now of course, that pleasant happy feeling lasts all of 3 nanoseconds as they bicker between themselves, trying to decide who gets to snuggle up right next to mom. But, it usually all works out and everyone finds a comfie spot.

Yesterday, I was watching Oprah (sidenote: she's been running reruns of her Debt Diet and I'm just fascinated by what a financial pickle so many families find themselves in and yet they seem oblivious to the emotional and psychological component that plays a large role in the cycle of overspending).

Thing Two sneaks up behind me and gives me a little peck on the cheek.
I reply in my nice mommy voice (trust me, I have one that isn't so nice): "That was such a nice kiss. What's your secret?"

Ever so wise, at almost 7, he says "Mom, it isn't a secret. I just ate a Dove Bar and there was chocolate on my lips. That is what makes it such a good kiss".

Ah Man...I'm so in trouble once he discovers there are other girls out there besides his momma...

No comments: