Monday, May 22, 2006

Roundtuit Sunday


Everyone has that pile of stuff and projects that they set aside, hoping to get around to tackling some day/some time. I call mine my roundtuit (get it: around to it?) pile. Since moving, (and in all honesty even before that, but the move provided me with a little reprieve from my guilt) I'd had a couple pages of scrapbooking that just needed a little bit here and a little bit there until they were completely ready for the page protectors. As I was itching to start some new projects, I told myself FIRST you have to finish up the other stuff.

My first order of business was finishing Thing Two's preschool album. Since late Fall, I've had just one last page to do and a couple pages to journal and finish up and it would not just be a finished layout but a completed album! I have had plenty of opportunities but never had time and desire been in total sync. Yesterday, the stars must have all been in alignment with the planets and the Gods of Creative Energy smiled down on me! I am proud to report his "Grins and Giggles" album is COMPLETED. All pages journaled. All pages protected and it is a complete wrap! I started this album once I'd finished his baby album, easily a good 5 years ago. I take pictures that are extras from our family album and make pages that just feature him. (Yes, Thing One has a similar album. Trust me, I try to keep things pretty fair when it comes to their albums). I wanted to finish it up now that he's in kindergarten I"ll start a similar album of his school days stuff. Ah, it feels so good to be done.




But, wait, while I'm on a bragging kick let me continue to disgust you with my boasting....




I went ahead and pulled out some pages that have been bugging me since January. Last Fall I started a Travel Album. I had tired of doing the chronological scrapbooking and decided I'd start an album that features some of our trips (but not major enough to warrant a seperate album). I was struggling with some layouts from a trip we took last May to see the inlaws. These visits are always a challenge for me (complicated family dynamics) and so scrapbooking the photos that we take is never easy. But guess what? I managed to finish up this trip as well! I decided that minimal journaling was perfectly acceptable. Sort of that "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing" approach to scrapbooking.



So now I have at least a smaller pile of stuff in the roundtuit stack. I'm thinking as crafters and as women, we'll always have something sitting around that needs a little attention whenver we find time but it always feels good to have that pile made just a bit smaller if only for a day or so. And now I can start on some new stuff with not quite as much guilt about never quite finishing one project before moving on to something new!

3 comments:

Pamela Lynn ~ flutterby7 said...

Awesome layouts! Must feel so good having tackled a few things from your roundtuit pile. My boss has a wooden magnet on his desk that says round tu it, kind of cool cause you don't see them often.

The Stopper Family said...

I love these layouts - what font did you use on "Waves of fun"?

Martha said...

Thank you both for your kind words. I used sizzix Nouveau...which I'm pretty sure I could get rid of all my other fonts and just have this one and still be happy!