Thursday, November 02, 2017

Right Now October 2017

I'm listening to the hum of the furnace kicking in.   We are in the back-n-forth season, some mornings it's not too cold and other mornings it's a bit brisk.   While typically I find more comfort in the predictable, I must say I enjoy the swings in the weather that occur this time of year.   For it is this ever changing weather that brings forth some pretty impressive sunrises (and sunsets too).
Photo credit:  Hubby
I'm loving so much that if I listed it all, you'd call me a sap?   How's that for a non-answer...but seriously, the new job is going really good,
 I mean seriously...what's not to love...not only do I get paid to go to the zoo...but we get Fall Break!

As for Fall Break, yes, both myself and Thing 2 get a week off from school.  However,  since I switched school districts, my break was a week before his.   But even that worked out just fine.   

 Hubby and I spent my time off exploring the Black Hills area of South Dakota.  


 Granted, I'd been before:   First as a kid growing up and again when the boys were about 6 &8.



  But this trip seemed the most memorable...with great weather, next to no crowds and plenty of wildlife.    



Did I mention wildlife?  Yeah, it's a whole new experience from the side car....
Thing 2 spent his break taking a motorcycle training class earning his motorcycle endorsement.
A little bit of foreshadowing...

and working (volunteering actually) at a music venue in the city.   He's learning all about sound engineering and concert promotion.  
He noted afterwards that it's a lot of work serving as the lead on a project, so seemed rather content to be back to just being an attendee at a Halloween night concert...

As for the Hubby and Thing 1:  No Fall break for them...work, school, just seem to be hanging in there, avoiding my picture taking madness.

I'm needing to start working on some to-do lists.   If September and October were any example, then Thanksgiving will arrive before I've had a chance to clean the house and prep for hosting Thanksgiving Dinner and house guests.  

I'm feeling like:   There really is no need to sweat the little things, for in the end it all works out.  

 I'm not always in this mindset, but some recent events have reminded me just how important it is to celebrate the little events in life, with less worry about having everything timed just perfectly. 

 Call that friend for a quick walk through the neighborhood, meet an old neighbor for brunch when you just can't seem to connect for dinner due to ongoing scheduling conflicts, and grab that camera and go when you kid tells you at the last minute "Hey, we're taking pictures for Homecoming right now if you want to join us".  
 for it is in these impromptu moments, one sees glimpses of life's memorable moments...unfolding right before our eyes..
from the serious 
to the silly...
The secret of having it all is knowing you already do..unknown author

No comments: