Tuesday, January 17, 2017

A get away with a purpose

Last Saturday,  my cousin called to update me on my uncle's health.  The news was not good.  On a whim, I checked to see what airfare would be to make an impromptu trip out to AZ.   "Too good to be true", "less than a tank of gas", however you choose to describe it, I took it all as a sign that I should indeed take off for another snow-bird in training adventure.  

It was a  week filled with a variety of views...
From the serious...


To the silly...

Taking in the Sunrise 
(OK, who am I kidding, I'm a snow-bird in training, no need to get up as early as the sun...this will have to do...)
And I paused to enjoy the various sunsets...
 From the view from my dad's condo...
To the full moon outside my cousin's neighborhood...

 And of course, the infamous pink-purple magic of a desert sunset...

While the primary purpose was to check in on my uncle, and support my cousin as he transitioned into Hospice care, I took advantage of this trip to spend some time with my dad...who has been a snow birder for the past 18 years (give or take a couple seasons)
My dad's "just right" condo in Sun City...
Be it running into a friend outside his favorite  thrift shop 
or checking his email...
Sipping a cocktail with Man's Best Friend 
(in this case, Jack, my uncle's dog who was lonely for his master)
to taking in a post-dinner snooze...
My dad indeed has perfected the lifestyle of a snowbird...

So while it's a few more years until I can embrace this lifestyle full time
  *the down side of being a late bloomer on the parenting adventure
 I sure did enjoy this snow-bird in training adventure...
























No comments: