- Listening to my hubby find music for the video footage I shot during the side car portion of our travels. Seems we are in need of mostly blooper type music, as my videographer skills are sorely lacking. Best stick with my proven talents: wife, mom, nurse and now long haul traveler. At least in my world, 28 days of international travel qualifies me for claiming such a crown.
- I am thinking, that we have had one grand month of travel. Weather has been perfect when we needed it to be (side car exploring in Ireland), and wet when expected (Scotland, one does not visit for the sunbathing opportunities). While totally unplanned on our end, our travels have occurred during a historical time for the UK. Last week was the big vote on whether to stay or leave the EU.
- Loving that the Things have fared so well while we have been gone. Thing 1 has been attending 2 summer school job training programs and has had to arrange his own transportation. He has mastered bus routes and phoned friends when he missed a connection or found it too hot to wait for the next bus. Thing 2 apparently has gone and gotten his ears pierced. Not sure how I feel about that, I suppose all part of the growing up- letting go process that we encourage our kids to do. Now let's just hope that they remember to pick us up tomorrow and don't burn down the house in the last few hours of being home alone. Not coming home to a frat house type mess would also be a welcome treat, but I will take an intact house and deal with whatever mess awaits.
We tourists are indeed dragon...
- Needing to head home. 28 days, 23 castles, 19 churches (or abbeys) and 15 different places of lodging (be it an inn, a hotel or even a manor house). Time indeed to put a lid on this lovely adventure and return to where my heart really is....home!
Luckily, our mode of travel gets us there a little faster than this bus
As always, I encourage you to check out Hubby's blog. That is where you'll find the good photos. These that I share are all quick snapshots with my Iphone 6.
- Feeling blessed...that this man, not only shares my passion for travel, but tolerates my requests for silly selfie poses.