Friday, November 14, 2014

Gratitude Day 13: Taste

Taste...

Yesterday was a great reminder...of this important lesson

A student, using social media, blurted out something thoughtless and threatening.   It resulted in a building filled with law enforcement, first ensuring our safety, and later following through on locating this person.   Nothing out there is anonymous.

Throughout the day, as friends texted me curious questions, I was grateful that I had inside information, working within the school that my Things attend.   I knew that my kids were safe.   I knew that the administrative staff was making this situation their top priority for the day.   And yet, I also knew that the information I had access to, could not be shared with others.

Yeah, that is the downside of being in the neighborhood school...having access to information that I just can't share with my friends and neighbors.   




No comments: