Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thankful for Day 19

 Big Sis and I circa 197? Athens Georgia, Green Acres Swim team...
A few weeks ago, I challenged myself to improving my overall physical fitness.   After a visit with a friend, where we walked the mall, I couldn't catch my breath.   The bathroom scale was either broken or I had really lost my way in terms of managing my weight. 

Uh oh, time for change.    And since that day, I've been committed to finding my way to a healthier and fitter self.
Mighty Mighty North Star, circa 1982
I'm thankful that now, 3 weeks into this change of attitude when it comes to taking care of myself, I've found my happy place....in the lap lanes of the pool.   Oh sure, I swim a lot slower than I did some 30+ years ago, but that feeling after a great session in the pool....priceless.

What a gift it is to have rediscovered a past favorite, and one that is healthy for me as well!
I'm hoping this remains a habit, because it really does feel good to be treating my body better!

1 comment:

dojo dobson said...

I didn't know you were a fellow swim teamer! (I spent most of my time adjusting my goggles between laps as I recall.) But yay for swimming! Is this at Trails? C and I are joining a pottery class, and once I get in the doors over there, I remember all their other work out amenities, and become much more likely to use them. (That's my workout plan - heehee)