Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankful for Day 18

Giving thanks for a good book.   I've been experiencing quite the book-drought (FYI:  don't bother with Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close or Bad Mother.  Well, unless you are looking for validation that yes, you too could become a published author if what these two wrote passes as worthy of publication).

My friend-co-worker Susan mentioned this author and so I went in search for anything that the library might have for immediate down load.  And I too am reminded what makes her work good.  It's quick, easy, not a lot of thinking required, with likable characters.  I haven't finished it, so I can't vouch for the ending, but the first half seems to be pointing in the direction of an end to my book reading drought!  

Any other suggestions for good books?  Please include them in the comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out Elizabeth Musser (The Swan House, The Sweetest Thing, Words Unspoken) or Lynn Austin (A Woman's Place, Until We Reach Home, Though Waters Roar). Both are Christian writers but not your typical sappy "come to Jesus" type that one might often associate with such a genre. Both authors are able to develop their characters and storylines well and yet maintain a fast pace. I can easily read either of these authors in a weekend or so.

Happy reading,
Laura