Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful for Day 12

17 years ago...we both said I DO!

I'm thankful for the marriage I have.  In my job, I have a front row seat to see some of the challenges kids face when mom and dad are no longer a happily married couple.   I value the marriage I have. No it isn't always easy, rough spots along the way, but there is nobody else I'd rather take on this journey than my loving hubby.   I can honestly say I love him more today than the day we exchanged our vows.   We are indeed well on our way to growing old together for that I give thanks!  

And just in case you think I'm going all Hallmark sappy...guess what we got each other for our anniversary?  A new front porch and a repaired driveway.  What?  You didn't know that the traditional 17th gift is concrete?   Well, in the Dom-and-Martha practical gift giving guide it is...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Maybe I'll get you a frig and a pair of rocking chairs as a gift...I'm sure they'd look real purty on your new front porch.

Laura