Thursday, November 01, 2012

Thankful for Day 1


Hello November.
Hello neglected blog
And Hello Thankful challenge, the 2012 edition.

5 years ago, I decided to challenge myself with blogging every day during November.  Yikes, for as infrequent as I have blogged lately, that alone will be a challenge to renew my acquaintance with blogger and all that goes into regular blogging.

Each day in November, I have shared or commented about something I'm grateful for. True, some years I've played catch up at the end.  And some years, the gratitude of the day is rather trivial in the grand scheme of things.  But each time I have managed to share something or someone that I am grateful for.

So today, I start out with being thankful for traditions. It is not a tradition I have practiced my entire life but only for the past five years.  Yet, a tradition has to get it's start somewhere, right?   What started as a personal challenge (can I really come up with that many things to be grateful for?) has now become part of my November routine.  

And as a result of this newly established tradition, I find myself appreciating and enjoying Thanksgiving more and more each year.  It is more than just turkey an a nice glass (or two) of wine.  It is about the tradition of giving thanks...

Let the fun begin!



No comments: