Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful for....Day 10

Today, it is impossible to pick just one thing to be grateful for....
  1. I am thankful I got passed over for that elementary school nurse job I first applied for. Today, we had visiting elementary students on campus and a child was injured. No big deal, until I got the dad on the phone. The amount of parental telephonic hand-holding I had to do was more than I was up for.
  2. I am thankful for my school employing a full time psychologist. Because when a kid's schizophrenia is not in control, the situation gets ugly real quick. Thankful that Dr. D. was in the house and could handle the situation. Because psychiatric nursing? Uh, no thanks.
  3. I am thankful that I do not have to be any one's case manager. I can help and support but I am not the one left holding the case file. The things they have to get parents to understand without escalating the situation is never ending and requires negotiation skills that put my "people" skills to shame.
  4. I am thankful for TAKE OUT......because at the end of a chaotic day...the last thing I want to sort out is what to fix for dinner.

No comments: