Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankful for...Day 11

Veteran's Day...2011....I've shared before my gratitude for military service. It really was the launching point for so many amazing things that have happened in my life...both personally and professionally. This year, our district placed a tremendous amount of emphasis on Veterans Day: from tribute cards to mail to vets, visiting active duty to lead the school in the pledge, to the
visual tributes I'm sharing in the post. So, while I will always remain thankful for having had the opportunity to serve my country, this year I am also thankful to work for an employer that continues to respect and recognize our nation's military.
*visiting military service members (parents of students), and school staff that are Vets. (missing are about 4 other staff)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Heroes don't wear capes, they wear dogtags! Thank you for your service to our country.