Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving 22

Margaret Mead is quoted as saying that sisters probably share the most competitive relationship within the family, but once sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.

And while I have no brothers to compare the truth of this statement against, I can certainly identify with the observations she has made.

For growing up, there was indeed a "healthy" amount of competition between us. Plenty of arguments and fighting. But as adults, Laura and I enjoy a relationship that is stronger than any other adult relationship I have (short of good old Hubby: he's in it the long haul as well).

I am so very thankful to have Laura in my life: we share so many past experiences, times spent in celebration and times spent in sorrow. And what a blessing it is to have this one person in my life who knew me when...and continues to be there for me!

So watch out you Old Farts in Sun City, "the girls" are coming to town for the New Year...and a good time will be had by all I"m sure!

No comments: