Sunday, April 12, 2009

April: 12 on the 12th...

0730: Easter services....beat the rush, go to the first service of the day.
Looks like my daffodils survived our Spring snow. The tulips ended up getting crushed in the last snow storm.

Time to feed the family....lunch will be hearty but later than usual.

Table is just about set...waiting for the hot stuff to come out of the oven and the contributions from our guests to arrive. Note to self: Edible Arrangements are DELICIOUS but very plentiful. A small would have been plenty.
My photo shy helper. The dude loves to clean toilets. Not a lot of career potential but it'll make his future wife happy!
Time to Party: we'd invited some friends over...and before I knew it, we were hosting lunch for 17. Thing Two really enjoyed the food. The kid is going through a MAJOR growth spurt.


Some our guests....it's so fun to watch our friends children grow up...we've known these girls for 11 yrs now! All were our babysitters at one point or another.

The guys gather in the green room...sharing war stories I'm sure...

Thing One....was not too into the part scene today...he hung out with his story journal and Moosey


Auntie Terri manages to find the best stuff for Easter Baskets....she's even more generous than even the Easter Bunny!

Oh look...he did come around when we announced Auntie Terri had arrived bearing gifts...

Should I be concerned?

OMG: how did this happen? A photo of me and my hubby? It must be a mistake...

I've just got a couple dishes left to wash, and I'm pouring myself a cold one and calling it a day. The weather could have been better...but the company and time spent with friends was perfect! Indeed, our best friends are those in whose presence we can be our best selves.


6 comments:

laura said...

A belated Happy Easter to the Chang Gang. It looks like you had a wonderful day. I wish we lived closer so we could have shared it in person with you.

shirley said...

Looks like a GREAT day! Love the picture of you and DH!

Sitting In Silence said...

What a great day and beautiful pictures...
Happy Easter to you all xoxo

Sherry said...

What a great day you all had! I've always been curious about the edible arrangements - we've got one around the corner, but I have never tried them. hmmmm... =]

Kaesmom said...

Looks like an ideal Easter Sunday. :)

My dd would give her right arm for an Edible Arrangement. We drive by a store every day on our way to and from school and EVERY day she tells me she wants one. I'm glad to know that a small will be plenty because at some point we WILL order one for her. I'll make sure it's JUST a small!

Aimee said...

Looks like fun was had by all. Happy Belated Easter!!