Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Thing Two wanted to try ice skating. Why, we have no idea since neither Hubby nor I are skaters. But since the area mall has a skating pond we decided to let him try.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Fear not, I found something to quench my thirst, but me thinks it is time we re-stock the pantry now that Dad has left....
Monday, January 12, 2009
- On Friday I took Dad and 5 boys to a water park like pool on the west side of town. We had the pool to ourselves, I kid you not. Private pool party for $5/kid, hard to beat that. Nobody wanted to leave, including myself.
- I watched Meryl Streep provide me with doubt and laughter. As for the movie: it left me with doubt, and would probably have had even more doubt if I wasn't familiar with what history has told me happened during this era. If I could have suspended my knowledge of what I knew, and just listened to the movie, I would have had even more doubt. Moms Night In was a smashing success: as we laughed, danced, and just caught up with the wonderful women who live in my 'hood and I'm honored to call them friends!
- And then there was yesterday. I saw the ads for a play coming to town, an "Oprah Winfrey presents" production and decided my dad and I should check it out. I thought to myself: how do you take a movie that addresses some very heavy topics and make it into a Broadway play? A feel good story when the movie was rather sad? How can that be entertaining and worth the cost of the ticket? Fear not, it can be done. I was swept away by The Color Purple. If it comes to a town near you, I highly encourage you to consider going to see it. It will leave you with hope, remind you of the power of love and the importance of forgiveness and in a quiet and gentle way, point out that God does watch over us even when we feel we've been forgotten! And well, if that isn't enough to get you there, the music, the top notch vocal performances and the scenes with the well toned shirtless field hands should seal the deal!
- Today I've cancelled our plans to go see the animals at the National Western Stock Show. As fun as it would be, the snow is falling and it is a good day to stay home. Besides, we need to get our gear ready for tomorrow's BIG adventure: Yep, those native Colorado Things are hitting the slopes for the first time ever! (with cameras rolling of course). I fear my wallet is not prepared for this new chapter in our lives. But come on, we need to let them try...we live where some of the best ski resorts are within driving distance. It'd be like living near an ocean and never taking the kids to play in the sand and the surf. Crazy...not to try it at least once!
I hope everyone else is doing great. One last shout out of praise to my hubby. You know, he blogs too. And he submitted one of his entries to a national publication for owners of his brand of motorcycle. And, THEY PUBLISHED IT! YEAH HUBBY...can I get your autograph? Oh yeah, I do already...every month when you sign my payroll check! Anyways, great job...and if you are curious: check it out here
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Hubby: "Well, yeah, I did notice and was wondering what was up...but I just thought you'd turned over a new leaf"
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Saturday, January 03, 2009
Friday, January 02, 2009
And then there is me, I'm just stuck.
Well, not really stuck...I'm just a bit behind everyone else. Thus I think I deserve a delayed start.
So, there will be no recap of 2008. I'm too lazy to do it. Those of you that got my Christmas letter know I couldn't even muster my usual "here's what we did" Christmas letter. Instead, I goofed off with a crossword puzzle. ( Which for the record the motorcycles are named Brigitta and Maria...just think Sound of Music, we've got this thing for naming our vehicles after characters from that movie)
That seems to be the name of the game of late...I'd rather goof off than focus.
Which brings me around to my one little word for 2009. FOCUS.
See I haven't even paid enough attention to know who started the idea of having a word to live by. Ali Edwards I think. Anyways, I like the idea so I'm going to play along...
Why choose focus? Well, I find myself using it a lot with my boys. Granted, only Thing One takes something to help his focus, but they both get easily distracted and forget to stay on task and finish up the project at hand. I could blame it on them being kids, or boys, but I also must confess...they probably inherited this trait more from me than from their dad.
So this year, I too shall work on my focus...
- Focus on the tasks that need to be done, not those that should be done. Being a Martha, it is sometimes hard to recognize the difference and I find myself getting lost in all that needs to be done. Which results in either spinning out of control or totally shutting down. I need to find the balance, especially as it relates to domestic details.
- Focus on the big picture when the situation calls for me to do so...try not to lose myself in the worries of the little details. Keep that big picture in mind. This mostly applies to when I get worked up about something related to Thing One and his progress. He is making progress, he has made huge progress...I need to remember that when I'm worried about some little detail about his quirks.
- Focus on the little things each day that help me move forward. Simple things like not skipping breakfast, taking a walk to clear my thoughts. These little things, when done right, will lead to success with bigger goals like maintaining my healthier weight and overall health.
I could go on and on...but back to the task at hand...wrapping up this post.As for challenges, seems like the blog-world/scrapbook world is swimming with choices this time of year. Take a picture every day, take one every week, do 12 on the 12th, make a monthly calendar page. If you've been to any message board or online community, you know what I'm talking about. Even the blog world is a flurry with challenges being issued.
In order to tie into my FOCUS, I've picked a simple one: Scrapping my stash (thanks Cyn...you are the one!) If you want to learn more about this, email me and I'll tell you what my plans are and where you can read all about it (if you are so inclined). I plan to blog about this adventure but want to keep the focus of this blog on Chang Gang adventures.
and now that I've caught myself up...I'm off to focus on the chore of the day: Laundry! Anyone want to come over and help?
PS: The photo? I had a great time catching up with my very first group of Mommy friends with a reunion of our play group. My how the kids have changed! Yet we all remain the same: good people, with kind hearts, great sense of humor and a real concern for one another! Much love to my playgroup pals! You remain forever near and dear to my heart!