Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Gratitude Challenge: Day 4

Today's the day...it's finally here. That alone makes me grateful. I mean come on: just think...No more approved messages and annoying phone calls.



Yet, I'm also grateful to live in a country where I am allowed a say in who we elect for president. So, while it remains to be seen as to whether my guy will win, at least I had a chance to vote for the man who best represents my views and concerns.


So just in case you haven't exercised this right, remember the words of Louis L'Amour...



To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply
observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain. ~
....Louis L'Amour

2 comments:

ganelle said...

Amen! Plus I got a free hot choocolate at Starbucks with my "I Voted" sticker.

Democracy + free stuff = Happy Me!

Dodi said...

See, when you mail in your ballot you don't get a sticker. Rip off!

Tomorrow we'll know.....