Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gratitude Challenge: Day 25

Today, I'm grateful that I don't live over there. I had some errands that I wanted to do on the west side of town where a large planned community is located. Supposedly it is considered one of "the" more desirable communities to live in. Yet, as I was driving around I just didn't get it. Traffic was a mess, parking lots were filled, pedestrians don't seem to have the right of way, the clerks were rude and construction seemed to be found at every major intersection. I can only imagine what it must be like at rush hour when everyone is out and about, not just the housewives/retirees.

Yep, be it ever so humble, I'm ever so happy and grateful to be living on this side of the city...it's where I belong and where I'm happy (not to mention, my house payments are considerably less and my minivan blends in much better than it did over there in the land of Beemers and Benz').

1 comment:

ganelle said...

We never even considered that area - for many of the reasons you just mentioned.