Monday, November 17, 2008

Gratitude Challenge: Day 17


Payday! YEAH-day!!

Today, I'm grateful for the fact that the current customers Hubby has pay their invoices on time with minimal (if any) chasing required on our part. When we first ventured into the world of being self employed (has it really been 3 years? wow...) I was suprised to realize that even in the white collar world of network engineering, we had to "chase the check". I am not sure what I was thinking, but this was a real eye opening reality for me (Hubby, being the deligent guy that he is , was not as surprised as I was since he'd done a fair amount of researching before making the change to self employed).


Then about 1.5yrs ago, Hubby switched to a different contract, with a new organization serving as the middle men. OMG: these folks are awesome! They answer emails, they pay the invoices when we send them and they are just all around nice people to deal with.


So, later today, I"ll go to the mailbox, and that check will no doubt be there. Which is a good thing indeed...because well, I'm still one of those types that likes to pay their bills on time and in full (I know, a dying breed I suspect, what can I say?).

1 comment:

agent713 said...

Add me to the list of "paid on time, in full". I don't have enough brainspace to juggle due dates.