Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gratitude Challenge: Day 15


Today, I'm grateful for my health. Later today, many of the staff and teachers of the Things' school will gather to celebrate the life of Miss Sue. Miss Sue lost her 10 year battle with breast cancer last week. She was an incredibly talented teacher. She worked with one of the hardest group of kids to teach: the struggling reader. She faced her battle with strength and grace. Many only learned of her health issues this Fall when she quietly stepped down from her teaching duties to spend some remaining months with her family. Miss Sue: we will miss your bright smile and encouraging words!


Now, for my PSA...get that mammogram done NOW. The hardest day of the year for me is each May when I walk in to get the "girls" checked. The anxiety, the fear, the thought that "maybe it's better to just not think about it" And of course, one of my happier days each year is getting the "all clear" postcard. Don't let fear and anxiety keep you from taking care of your own health. Do it for your family, yourself and do it in memory and celebration of the many warriors that have passed away from this dreaded disease!

No comments: