Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Oh please be tuned out...

Thing One was watching Modern Marvels just now. He's very into the show: commenting on things from the '80s as if it was the stone age. Gee thanks son, Mom remembers the 80s with mostly fond memories. Anyway, time for commercial...and while I'm relieved they weren't hawking some toy or candy, I cringed when I realized it was one of THOSE commercials. You know: for the men with "issues".

I patiently waited for him to comment on something that he was hearing. Hoping it would be something I could ignore and move on (and while I could have hit mute, I think that would have only raised the curiosity alarm). As the commercial winds to an end, noting this product works for 36 hrs...he finally opted to comment "wow, that's like way longer than 30 minutes".

Oh thank you sweet TV commercial gods...yes, the time difference between 36 hrs and 30 minutes is so within my comfort discussion zone!

6 comments:

ganelle said...

Problem is, my love life is a heck of a lot closer to 30 mins. than 36 hours. Of course, could anyone really even handle 36 hrs. of... Never mind...

tz said...

hahah ganelle that was funny...i was thinking 30 minutes could be too long in the mood i've been in lately

if jason was 'up' for it for 36 hours i would need some speed.

tosin said...

Ah, you must have grown up with me in the "OLDEN DAYS." That's when my children told me I grew up. The frickin' OLDEN days.

I blame American Girl. How can they possibly claim that a doll from the 70's is a "Heritage" doll. I take serious offense to that notion. Probably because I am a dinosaur. From the OLDEN days.

Sitting In Silence said...

LMAO....Gawd 36 hours,who are they kidding....LOL.....

Dodi said...

OK, so my husband gets Men's Health magazine, and there was an article about being able to go for 2 hours. I informed him that in no way would I be wanting him to explore the examples in the article - 2 hours does NOT interest me anymore.

Seriously, who has that kind of attention span after they have kids?

Aimee said...

One word.......TIVO

After about two minutes, I'd be laughing, to say nothing of 36 hours later.