Saturday, September 22, 2007

One Man's Hobby...

is another man's chore.
As I type this, sipping my coffee (Dunkin Donuts brand of Hazelnut,while it is a very tasty morning sipping coffee, Seattle's Best Creme Brulee remains my favorite), Hubby is suiting up and getting ready for his adventure.

From here to Aspen and back...just to travel the back roads and take in the beauty of our state.

Sure, sounds all lovely doesn't it? But, I'd be following in the car (or cage as he now refers to anything not a motorcycle), with the howlers in the back, asking to stop at any and all recognized brand restaurants. Not out of hunger do they ask. Nope, driven by boredom while sitting in the back, being entertained by every electronic gadget that comes with a car adaptor.

I fail to see the beauty in any of this plan. Leaf peeping or not. Just sounds like too much of a chore for me.

On the other hand, tomorrow is my day away and starting around 11am, I'll be meeting my friend Mrs. M. at Archivers. Now, doesn't that sound like a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon? Howlers howling at home while I'm enjoying the company of a good friend that I don't see nearly enough and pursuing my own hobby...scrapbooking.

If you are in the area, and can get a kitchen pass approved, join us Sunday!

1 comment:

tz said...

oh we're leaf peeping tomorrow.

how was it?
and yes, sunday sounds more my speed also!