The reasoning behind this challenge is two fold: first off, a friend of mine has an interesting tag line in her signature and I'm hoping she'll take time to explain it to us since I made up a challenge designed to do just that...take your favorite quote and explain it.
The other reason I came up with this particular challenge relates to a magazine article I was reading this week. The article asked readers to explain why certain words of wisdom had special meaning to them. I liked the quotes they included in the article and thought I could turn this into a challenge. I am curious to see what other quotes are out there that have a special meaning to my blogging friends.
Overall, I'd say my favorite phrase is Live, Love, Laugh. While there are a couple variations on this phrase out there, I love how it pretty much sums up all the important elements needed to have a a fulfilling life. Live a little, Love a lot and laugh often. With those 3 ingredients in place: you are sure to have a good day and a pretty decent life in general.
As for the magazine article I read, here are some of the quotes that they included
- Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy? unknown
- A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for. William Shedd
- Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle. Plato
- You were born an original. Don't die a copy. John Mason
- You will never be happy with what you want if you are not happy with what you have. unknown
- A day without laughter is a day wasted. Charlie Chaplin
- It is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, and certainly not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing off. Woody Allen
*Today's photos are from some archived pictures of when my Things were little. I just love looking back and seeing how much they change from year to year.