Monday, April 16, 2007

Rally of Support

Yesterday, the Things were asking about summer vacation (yep, barely finished with this track off, they are already counting down the 10 weeks until their next break. Fellow blogger Colleen will be oh so very proud of them as she's always counting towards something! ).

Thing One wants to go back to the mountains. Thing Two just wants to be along for the ride. I told them that one place we are definitely going is to Wisconsin. Not only is there a plethora of my people to visit, but Hubby plans to attend the National Rally (OK, maybe it is even international. I admit, I don't pay that close of attention to his hobby) for his motorcycle group.

I used the word rally. And, I think they sort of understood the word but maybe not. Here's what they had to say.

Thing One: Well, who are you going to cheer for Mom? I"m going to only cheer for the guy in first place.

Thing Two: I'm going to cheer for Dad. He's a really good motorcycle rider, isn't he mom? He'll probably get like second or third place, don't you think?

So, not only is it apparent they don't understand the concept of a rally, but from the sound of it, we need to work a little bit more on being a supportive motorcycle family. Cheer for Dad, because he's number one (Yes, I remain the lone kiss-up in the family, as I know who allocates the fun money here in the House of Chang!)

2 comments:

tz said...

i checked out hubby's blog, it's so cute he takes pictures of his motorcycle in the various places he rides. are you going to do a scrapbook for him?
and really what do they do at rallies? i'm with the things, very confused.

Colleen O said...

They go rum rum rrrrrrrum with their noisie - I mean manly bikes?