Thursday, April 19, 2007

-ong words

A little bit of history, might help with this one. Growing up, my mom made it her mission to find a knickname for whatever fella we either were dating or had our eye on. There was "Nebraska Pig Farmer" for me and "Howdy Doody" for my sister. Unfortuantely (at least I think this is unfortunate, who knows, maybe it was a good thing in this case?) , Mom had already passed before we met our husbands so we'll never know what their knicknames would have been.

I've decided to continue this tradition now that my friend Judy's daughters (at least the oldest two) are dating. We've already had Rock Boy and Thong Boy.

Yep, Thong Boy. Thing Two who is always listening overheard us and saw me just laughing like a crazy woman. He asked what was so funny about this word. So, yep, he now knows what kind of thong we were talking about (not the type that goes on your feet in the summer).

So yesterday, he was beaming. Apparently, the word family this week is -ong words. I'm guessing the teacher was hoping to hear words like song, wrong, long. Nope, my little guy raised his hand with gusto and said "THONG!". I asked him, did Mrs. G. laugh? "Nah," he said, "but I was laughing inside really loud Mom!".

That's my boy: anyway you say it, underwear is just plain funny.

2 comments:

tz said...

LOL....I would have loved to have seen Ms. G's face!

Colleen O said...

hahahaha - So has he discovered the world of Captain Underpants yet?