Thursday, January 04, 2007

The crop that wasn't..



Today I was supposed to be going to scrap with the neighborhood posse. The plan was we'd crop and chat while the kids all ran amok. Although I wasn't really in the mood to crop, I was in the mood to chat and laugh with adults (as we enter week 3 of 5 weeks off, I'm getting a bit weary of my limited interactions with adults). Apparently, I wasn't the only one with the "not in the mood to crop" because by the time I got there, it had been scaled down to just coffee and butter braid. One woman was out with tummy troubles. Another one was confident enough to admit "how about a movie instead?" And the hostess is just sort of in a post holiday haze and looking forward to a few weeks with the Task Master in her life being on an extended business trip. She's content to just go with the flow and enjoy leaving a mess out for more than 24hrs.

Change in plan? No problem, it all works for me.

But, in my efforts not to blow off a friend and her kind invitation, I had pulled together a little project to work on "just in case". When I got home, rather than put the stuff away I decided to just sit down and crank out this thank you project for a really good friend of mine. And, 12 pages later, I'm all finished.

So, it just goes to show that sometimes you might not be in the mood, but if you just take the time to pull something out and start working on it, creativity might just appear. Go ahead, give it a try. What do you have to lose?
Nah, I"m really not that philosophical and insightful. I"m just totally procrastinating on getting ready for our vacation which starts tomorrow. I wish I were like Dorothy, and I could click my ruby red slippers and we'd be all packed and have reached our destination, crushing a couple evil witches as our little house comes crashing down to Oz. But, it doesn't work that way...so instead I'd better sign off and get my rear in gear.

2 comments:

Colleen O said...

No Martha, that absolutely never happens to me! But, you are as we have all said many a time, AMAZING. I'm going to bed ;/

Oh, alright, I'll go play with the puppy, and all will be well.

Martha the Scrapbooking mojo hog! Who said that? First I need to find my mojo. I'm sure it's in the basement here somewhere.

tz said...

sheesh, my mojo is packed away in some long forgotten box...tummy troubles are over! and trying to find the positive in all things...it's a great kick start to my new weight loss program, haha. I'm hoping there will be some time left between your vacation and school starting that we can regroup and do the whole scrap thing again!

oh and the album looks fantastic!