Monday, April 24, 2006

Tempting the Goddess of Spring...


I can't remember how Spring behaves in other parts of the world. We've lived here in Front of the Rockies for 9 years now so I've sort of forgotten what she is like elsewhere. But, here she is quite the Seasonal DIVA! She calls the shots and likes to be in charge. She often pops up unannounced in mid-to-late February and teases us with her warmth and soft winds. Then she turns the show back over to Winter and we get cold, wet and even some white stuff.

For the past couple of weeks, she has graced us with some amazing weather. She's brought color to my backyard in the form of flowers and budding trees. Some days have been windier than others but by far, She is the most well liked of the Seasons at least in my opinion. Not too hot, not too cold. In the words of Goldilocks, She is "just right!".

But, I'm afraid I might be getting ready to annoy her as I've done two things that suggest I am taking her warmth and pleasant nature for granted. Not only did I rotate out the Things clothing (putting the long sleeved shirts in the back of the closet and pulled out tshirts and even the shorts), but we've also decided to have a Housewarming Party this Saturday.

I guess I should go on record for apologizing for the Spring Blizzard that we are sure to have between now and the weekend! I have taken the Diva for granted and she will now punish us all. Or maybe not, she is after all, a fickle girl. Perhaps that's the real reason I like her so much: She is a lot like Me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you laugh when it started snowing last night?

Dodi

Martha said...

Oh yeah, I even tried to photograph the snow to update the blog with but I was too lazy to go outside and taking the picture through the window just didn't work. Pissing off Mother Nature: yeah, that's what I did!