Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Meet Slugger...


He's all about baseball these days. I've even got him signed up for a team this summer. We'll see, it will be our first attempt at any sort of organized sport. With Thing One's issues, it just never seemed appropriate. But, Thing Two really wants to try it so what the heck, all we can do is try.

Now, let me introduce you to today's portrait of Slugger...

Oh wait, I didn't have my camera with me today. But, I was working with the school nurse when my cell phone rings. It is the assistant principal and she needs to chat with me. Sure, I'm in the building, I'll be right up. Seems Thing Two slugged some kid in his morning class. You know with kindergartners, there is ALWAYS a story that goes with it. But, the bottom line is that he made a poor choice and needed to endure the consequences. So, there he sat on the chair outside of the principals office. Missing first recess. Poor guy...he did indeed look pitiful but I hope he learned his lesson and realizes that the class Eddie Haskel (you know every class has an Eddie Haskell: one minute he's a brown-nosing Mrs. Cleaver and the next minute he's getting the Beaver in trouble!) can't be trusted. It is also important that he learn now that you are known by the company you keep. Hang around the thugs, and you too will likely end up serving some time!

No comments: