Friday, March 03, 2006

Respect...

Webster defines respect not only as to consider worthy of high regard but to also refrain from interfering with (*one's privacy). It is a rather simple concept but one that others apparently seem to think "doesn't apply to them".

An incident occurred last night that still has me angry. My hubby is a good man. He's passionate about some topics that, although I don't necessarily share his passion, I respect that he is so dedicated to these causes. Even my father, who looks at the world from the totally opposite end of the political spectrum, agrees to disagree with my husband on certain matters. It is about respect. Respecting a person's right to his beliefs.

But last night, we were rather shocked when he got an email response from a college buddy that totally shocked him. Hubby will occasionally send email information to friends that share in his interest in the cause. So, when he came across an article that he thought would interest his pal, he sent it to him. From the response he received, it was very apparent someone had intercepted his friend's email and ANSWERED the email assuming the identity of his pal. No, we aren't talking hackers. We're talking a family member. We've since learned it was the wife.

Man, there is some serious trouble in that household! She not only reads her husband's private email, she goes on to respond in a pretty snarky manner all the time while assuming the identity of her husband. When hubby reached his pal by phone this morning, pal excused the wife's actions by saying "oh she thought she was being funny!"

I'm guessing his pal was just trying to save face because trust me...There is nothing funny about the lack of respect KIM RICE showed towards my husband and her husband. If she were any sort of a decent woman, she'd be doing some serious apologizing. But then again, if she reads her husband's email without his permission, then I doubt she'll recognize that she did anything wrong.

Oh my, here I promised myself not to use this as a venting forum. But, I hope that when I look back someday on this post, the anger I feel won't return. Instead, I'll be reminded that respect is an important element in any relationship and that my husband can always count of having me respect him! Love ya honey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, indeed, the wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands (Prov. 14:1).

You know, there is nothing that gets this mamma bear more upset than insults and slanderous remarks made towards my family. I'm sure you are the same way. But we can't let the root of bitterness get in the way of us building up our own homes. It is best to remember that a fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult. (Prov. 12:16). Clothe yourself with strength and dignity, making sure that the teaching of kindness is always on your tongue and your children will then rise up and bless you and your husband also will praise you (Prov. 31:25-26,28).