Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Love Actually


I will happily admit that I hate repeats. TV reruns are a bore. I've rarely read a book more than once (the only exceptions are Memoirs of a Geisha and the childrens books I find myself reading over and over to the Things at their special request). Watching a movie that I've already seen is a sure fire way to put me to sleep. The exception is the movie Love Actually. I could watch that movie over and over and each time take away a different lesson. And my favorite song within the movie is "All you need is love. " If I"m feeling down, it is a sure fire way to get my mood pointed in a more positive direction.

Now, I'm no hopeless romantic. Of course, I know you need MORE than just love. But, with the love of your family and friends, really, you can achieve all those other things that you need in your life. I am so very blessed with a loving and dedicated husband, two happy little things that remind me each day what my purpose in life is, and a circle of friends that extends far beyond what I ever dreamed I would be blessed with.

So, this Valentines Day...take a moment to give Thanks for all the gifts in your life and remember...love actually is all you need!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I love that movie, too! I especially like the ending where they show all the pictures of everyone greeting their loved ones at the airport.

Thanks for the warm fuzzy!