Tuesday, October 11, 2005

And snow it did...

Well, the snow lasted pretty much all day yesterday. And as I took the boys to school, I looked around the neighborhood and thanked my lucky stars that ALL we lost was a silly old patio cover. The destruction of trees in our neighborhood is heart breaking.

Again, for those of you who DON"T live out here in the Land of Sunshine, you probably don't understand our sense of sadness and loss. Trees don't grow very fast out here: so to see my neighbor's 12 year old tree, which was just starting to look like a great tree, cracked down the middle. Well, it kind of makes ya sad.

I know, in the grand scheme of things, a cracked tree isn't the end of the world. We're shown images every day of devastion far worse than a broken tree. But, big or small, it is sad just the same.

No comments: