Friday, May 08, 2020

COVID Crisis Weeks 4-5-6-7-8.5

Time continues to fly and drag all at the same time as we  remain either at home or close-to-home depending on who's mandate you may be following.   So much for routine blog updates- but let's see if I can refresh my memory on what's happened in the past month
SAW-HEARD-DID
SAW:   We've watched the number of cases grow exponentially, and yet fortunately, some of the data suggests that the curve has started to flatten-with fewer cases requiring hospitalizations and even death.   More cases, but at a rate that the health care system can keep pace with.   That is the goal of the stay-at-home measures.   I personally have found it is best if I minimize the watching of the news, some things I can't avoid hearing through my weekly state and district level health briefings.   

Moving off from the worrisome news, let's talk happy sightings...
Well- 2 of my favorite AZ snow-birders made their appearance in CO.
 First to return to the nest was Hubby- who spent the month of March and first week of April enjoying the solitude of the southwest- Arizona and New Mexico.    I believe he spent close to 60 days in the desert- split between January, March and part of April (February was spent here in CO-with home renovation projects and jury duty)
 Then, later in the month, my dad stopped by on his road trip back to WI, having spent his winter season in Sun City AZ.   
                                                  
It was nice to see both doing well- and yes, encourages me that once we get the Things to fly the nest, I too may be able to join the snow-bird trend that looks more appealing with each passing year.   And of course, while Grandpa was here-we had to pause those 6 ft. apart warnings and let the Things snuggle up against Grandpa and his belly!  :) 
 
HEARD:   It has been a little less quiet these days- as my days are filled with at least one zoom meeting- some days one too many.   It feels like I go to more meetings now than I did in a traditional work setting.    Professional growth meetings, team meetings, planning meetings and briefings- way too much to keep track...grateful for Google Calendars that let me know where I am supposed to be and on what platform.
One thing I have heard over and over is the need to take care of ourselves during this time of uncertainty so what did I DO in the name of Self Care?!
DID:    All in the name of self care
Connected with the college kid...
Stalked my co-worker...
As I was craving a hearty dose of her infectious laugh...
Crafted a bit...thank-you Pinterest for the inspiration..
Walked a lot...trying to work my way through an epic read for our book club...

Sought the solitude of the country...and dreamed of retirement with land of our own...
With this handsome fella as my guide
Paused to smell the flowers- both outside
And inside...

And mostly- I continue to  remind myself on a daily basis how much truth is in this sentiment!

Until next time- do what you can, enjoy what is right there in your path-and try not to worry about all the rest of the stuff that gets in the way of joy...


No comments: