Thursday, October 10, 2019

Right Now- August/September Recap

Right Now-

I'm listening to my co-workers commenting on the sudden shift of weather.
  Yes, Mother Nature is up to her mischief yet again.   We've gone from summer to winter with barely a glimpse of fall.   Such is the realities of life in Colorado.

I'm loving that Fall break is but 2 days away.   Hard to believe, but we've been in school now for 9 long weeks.   There, there- it hasn't been that bad.   I get to spend my day with fabulous kids like these two.   It's really a pretty sweet gig-and even sweeter once the back to school chaos quiets down. 

So the return to school is the explanation of my blogging absence.   But I figured I should probably recap what's happened in the interval before I go and collect a bunch of new memories on our traditional Fall Break camping adventure which starts this coming weekend. 


Hubby has embraced his new found status as "kept man" and has spent the bulk of the time exploring parts of Colorado where the cell signal is weak but the beauty is magnificent.

He did link up with his college buddies for a guys trip to Key West where they all celebrated their 38+ year  friendship and upcoming 60th birthdays. 

  I had a little fun as I stalked them- using the live webcam from one of the bars they were having pre-dinner drinks at.   With his handsome good looks, it's easy to spot the Mr. in a crowd- or something like that. 
Thing 1 is enjoying his studies at the local vocational tech program.   This year he's studying computer help desk- Ah yes indeed, the perks of when the Help Desk calls you mom.   He really does seem to enjoy his studies and his classmates. I  even heard him refer to his classmates as "the guys" and gasp "my friends".   
Of course, when I went into hover-mom mode and mentioned hanging out with said guys outside of school he scoffed, reminding me his program has many dual enrolled students who are still in high school.  "Mom, I'm 22, these guys are like 17- face it, that's kinda creepy ya know".   He has a point I suppose.  

Thing 2 is finding success at the University.   He's joined the intramural tennis team (no, he's never played tennis).   His coach said he has awful form but somehow plays a halfway decent game.    He was proud to report he's put his CPR skills to use when he did the Heimlich maneuver on a choking victim-I'll try to look past the details that said choking victim was drunk and high and the incident occurred in mosh pit of a punk concert- my baby saved the day and received praise from the responding team of paramedics and the lead singer from the band ("Hey mom, I got some free swag").   He's pretty excited that his future career choices (PA or RN) will include more opportunities to save a life or two.  

As for me, I found myself enjoying a fun filled ladies night in Beaver Creek.   

I helped out some friends with some pet sitting
Celebrated a belated birthday with some great friends and fabulous eats 
(albeit a tad overpriced)
Discovered the ease of ETSY

As we all worked together to shower the Lovely Miss H.
 with a classic Bridal Shower Experience.
I'm feeling curious.   Hubby and I said goodbye to the "parenting teen" era  with the younger Thing celebrating his 20th birthday in August.

  We are  now  solidly located in the "parenting young adults".  

 What adventures await these 2 things?  
 Hopefully, we will continue to see our Things blossom and grow- experiencing the joys of hard work, discovering the comforts of old friendships and the thrill of finding the loves of their lives.



Until next time...take time to experience the ups-downs-and in between moments of life
  

No comments: