Last week, the "baby" had his first energy drink. Yeah, bad mommy...but he really was being very low key about his 12th birthday...declining offers to have friends over, go to water world, even said "don't really need a present Mom, we've done loads of stuff this summer". So, with that, how could I resist his tender request to "Do you think, I could maybe try, you know...an energy drink?".
The verdict? "Eww...way too sweet, it needed extra water"....followed by "WOW, these are expensive, I think I'll stick to lemonade". (yeah, glad at least for now, this curiosity has been quenched)
Now the younger Thing is officially 12 and has headed off to middle school. Day 2, and he asks his brother at dinner "When do we actually start to you know...learn stuff?" Apparently, 2 days of getting to know you stuff and he's ready to move on.
I snuck a quick peek at his getting to know you worksheet...here are some of the things he had to say about himself.
- A list of books I've read: Behind the Bedroom Wall, all 5 Lightening thief Books and the first 2 Harry Potter books. (mom notes: he has read more, but I guess these were his favorites?)
- In school I want to learn "all they have to offer" (can you say Class Kiss Up?)
- I would like to be better at video games, typing and viola
- I fear rats, foreclosures and bankruptcy
- Words that best describe me: lazy, tired, unwilling to do lots of new things, giving, friendly, a mid-sized kid in height, smart, musically inclined