Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bye Bye Timeshare..

Poor Hubby....first I put his bachelor couch on the curb (1997: it didn't match the decor). Next I sent his poor kitty off to the dumb friends league (1999: hey, the cat nipped at me and soiled my new-match-the-decor couch). Oh, and somewhere in there, I also found a way to get rid of his Italian bedroom furniture (hello: European sizes meant we could not find a replacement mattress for it) and his kitchen table (glass top+children= HELLO?)

And today? I managed to give away his timeshare..

Miles, circa 2002, Lawrence Welk Resort, Escondido, CA

And folks wonder why I encourage the motorcycle habit.

Guilty Conscience, I suspect

Hilton Grand Vacation Club, Orlando FL, 2007

But seriously, it is a day to celebrate. We were able to donate the timeshare to charity. A fee was involved (which sort of set of my radar for scams) but that fee was about 1/2 of what we pay each year in maintenance dues/RCI dues/Exchange fees.

Miles at the spa in Pagosa Springs Wyndham Resorts

Without a doubt, we have some wonderful memories of vacations spent "at the time share".

But the idea that now we plan our vacations based on where we want to go, when we want to go, not where there is an RCI opening? See...it needed to go, right?








2 comments:

tz said...

that's cool that you can donate it...do they do it like a car? auction it off and you take the amount that it was purchased off you taxes?

Laura said...

Congratulations! What a happy day this is for you.