Monday, November 02, 2009

Thanksgiving 1 and 2:

Last year, I did a post a day in November, taking time to reflect on something I am grateful/thankful for.

And while tempting as it is to say "not this year, I don't have time".....I don't think that is the "right" answer for me. Seeing "Christmas" being marketed so heavily already, I feel that if I take November to focus on being thankful, I can hopefully savor the holiday that happens BEFORE Santa shows up next month.

So, November 1st came and went...I was thankful for a large capacity washer and dryer. I tackled Mt. Laundry and made a big dent in the never ending pile of dirty duds. Can you even imagine what it was like before such modern conveniences were available? Yeah...me neither...

Today, November 2nd, I'm thankful for a car that takes me where I need to go. I had a bunch of errands to run and am very thankful to have been able to accomplish them in the comforts of my van, as old and tired as she may be getting.

Join in...if you dare...a month of being thankful...

3 comments:

Lee said...

I did this last year too, but this year I started at our Canadian Thanksgiving and will end at the US Thanksgiving. It is such a lovely season. Before all that over-the-top commercial crap :) Sorry, just spewing out loud! Looking forward to reading your month. I took mine off-line as it became too personal to put on-line :)

redlegsrides said...

I'm thankful I have a wife who enables my motorcycling addiction....

agent713 said...

I'm doing it too. I'm running a little behind but each post (so far) has been a mini-essay so I'm not stressing over being caught up.