Thursday, April 02, 2009

Thinking of You Thursday:


Today is Autism Awareness Day...and while I share with you a photo of my quirky Thing from 2002, I'm really thinking of all the families that are just starting out on this journey.    It seems hard to believe that this summer, it'll be 10 yrs since we first heard whispers about what might be  the reason for Thing One's speech issues.  

He has  come so far...and yes, he still has tasks to master...but I have hope and believe  that someday....all of this will be a distant memory...not just for me and my family, but for the countless other families out there that are raising a quirky kid.




5 comments:

Joan Robertson said...

So many families are dealing with these issues. Your boys are so darn cute, Martha. They have a sparkle in their eyes!

Dodi said...

Oh, he's so little!! That's when I was just getting to know you.

Sitting In Silence said...

Yes, very true. I saw a show on pay TV the other day. A family that lives with autism x 6
Everyone of their children suffers from a form of it....my heart went out to them....

Vern said...

Looking at that picture all I can think of is, "ooohhh man, the BEACH!" I think I need a vacation.

Colleen O said...

He's perfect!