Friday, November 07, 2008

Gratitude Challenge: Day 7

I'm grateful for the gift of a good book.

When this entry posts, I'll be out of town. And one of the things I'll miss is our family routine of reading together. Each night, the Things and I snuggle into our king sized bed, and listen to a story that is of interest to all of us...

Last month we started the Percy Jackson series...The Lightning Thief. Now, we're enjoying book 2 in this series. It is so much fun to watch the boys get drawn into the story, trying to guess what happens next and amazing me with their ability to "predict" the story. (they must get this from their dad, who has an uncanny ability to predict the story line of even the most complicated t.v. mystery).

Thing Two is our reluctant reader...but I'm grateful he's an eager listener making it possible for us all to enjoy the adventures that a good book takes us on!

5 comments:

Lee said...

Reading is the best gift we can give our kids. Cole LOVED the Riordan series of books. Hope you're having a wonderful trip :)

Colleen O said...

Ms M. - Your hair looks fabulous BTW, and whoo hoo - away for the weekend. You are living the good life.

We are reading "Surprises according to Humphrey" which is written from perspective of the furry little lips of Humphrey the class hamster. It had us all crying last night. It is probably the most uninterupted kid time I get anymore. Happy Trails

Sherry said...

What a lovely tradition. We love reading in this household. I think I'd like to start this reading together before bed though! Thanks, M!

shirley said...

ooo.... we love that book series as well. I am waiting for the Sea on Monsters from the library.

Anonymous said...

Connor is reading the Titans book in the series. He really likes those books too!